CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Friday, August 29, 2008

The Poor Bus Saga Continues..

So my poor baby is now allergic to Amoxicillin-- Fabulous.
He developed a rash all over and luckily the home nurse was here for her visit so I was able to ask her what she thought.
It was either A: a viral rash or B: an allergic reaction.
I was pretty sure it was a reaction because once I gave him the meds within 10 mins he was red all over and blotchy. Called the doc's office and waited all afternoon for a call back only to hear that they wanted me back in the office for yet another visit. So in we go to find out that not only is he allergic to the meds; he doesn't even have an ear infection.
Baffling wouldn't you agree? Apparently his ears were pink when we were in the ER and then still pink in the docs office so they went ahead and prescribed meds. I guess trying to look on the bright side we now know he is allergic to Penicillin products. (Although we still have no idea what caused the high fever surge.) Guess it will remain a mystery.
So glad I pay so much for medical advice... *wink

(and that was soooo sarcasm just in case you were wondering!)

5 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

I'm allergic to penicillin too....

Connie said...

That's too bad about the allergy!! I know a family that both kids get febrile seizures. They are unexplained. They just have a routine they go through every time....I'm sorry you don't hve any answers!!

Tracy said...

omg - how are you doing??? How is the little guy??
hopefully this will all END soon.

Bonnie the Boss said...

In my family this year we have decided that medicine is definatly a practice!

girlytwins said...

Poor little guy. He hasn't gotten a break lately in that department.