CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hot Baby...

It will soon be a year since I went inpatient with the twins. I have been an emotional wreck wrought with thoughts of the twins in the hospital and how things could have turned out. My nightmares peaked last night as my Bus was rushed to the Emergency Room via ambulance due to a seizure. I have never been so scared in my entire life. When the boys were in the NICU I was scared and worried but I knew that the doctors were highly trained and would do everything possible to help my babies. At home, not knowing what I was doing or why this was happening to him I panicked. His poor little body tightened and shaking and gasping for air his lips turned blue. I just remember telling him, "It's OK baby, Mommy is here, I love you, stay with me."

Minutes later the EMT's showed up and he calmed down.
He has been dealing with his top two teeth coming in and had a temp of 102. He was almost due for Tylenol and the Hub had gotten home just 20 minutes prior to the event. (Thank God) The older brothers were beside themselves crying. We haven't had people over to our house in forever and for the first time we had my brother in law, his gf and her friend over for dinner. (My SIL & MIL were also over so we had tons of people to watch the other three boys as the hub and I rushed to the hospital)

We got to the ER and they dosed him with Tylenol and Motrin and took some tests. Turns out it was a Febrile Seizure which is caused by a drastic change in body temperature in a short period of time, the body can't compensate for the heat fast enough and thus ends up seizing. They tell me it is common however I had never heard of it until now. Four kids.. and never had I had this happen to me before. Scared out of our wits we ended up having him sleep with us once we got home from the ER and of course checked on his brother every couple minutes as well.
I have never felt so helpless in my life. The doctors kept telling me that it effects kids from the ages of 6mos to 6yrs but rarely do kids have more than one episode. (rarely- hello! thats what they told me about having momo twins- so at this point I am not feeling so confident about my odds) He has continued to have a fever today. The Doctor felt that his high fever wasn't just due to the teething and perhaps he was getting a viral infection so we left armed with barely more information than when we arrived. We will check in with our doctor tomorrow to see if she can come to any other conclusion as to why we still have the 101 fever. :(
*sigh*

He is doing sleeping lots (in our arms) but is still uncomfortable. Please send prayers for our little one...

10 comments:

Jocasta said...

Oh that's terrible - totally frightening! I have heard of these but haven't had one yet (fingers crossed!)

Glad that he seems to be ok - hope the rest has done him some good.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. How scary, I hope the dr can give you more info tomorrow. You will be in my prayers.

Claremont First Ward said...

Poor little Bus.......poor mama. I would have freaked......I'm so sorry you had to go through this!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

I would have freaked out, too. What a scary thing to go through! I hope he's ok.

girlytwins said...

That's so scary. I would have been a wreck too. Poor little guy. We will surely keep him in our prayers. Hopefully you can get some answers at the Dr's.

Tracy said...

God be with little Bus - heal his body, comfort his parents & give the doctors wisdom to treat him completely.
you are a brave & wonderful mom!

Debra said...

Oh how scary. I am so sorry your little guy had to go through that. Oh I would have freaked too.

Lottie_Ellie said...

Oh my goodness. I am glad that he seems to be doing well. What a truly frightening event. My thoughts are with you.

Homegrown Tribe said...

oh my! I am so sorry... that must have been SO scary. We'll pray for your little guy.

brittany

Jaime said...

Holy cow! I would have totally freaked! I hope things are going better for you all!:)